Dec 7, 2009

River and Ripley's Beach Trip


River here. Just in case anyone thinks Jasper has all the fun...I have to tell you about my trip to the beach last weekend WITHOUT JASPER. Boy, was Jasper ever mad that he had to stay home (in his crate, no less) alone! He barked and whined and carried on but Mommy was firm and said she was just taking ME. She fixed him a yummy Kong with some peanut butter and biscuits and he didn't even care - he just kept squawking. I have to admit, if it were up to me, I would have a hard time choosing between a trip and a stuffed Kong in my cozy crate, because I do love Kongs!
Anyways I am glad I got to take the trip to the beach. It was kind of wavy and I am a little nervous about waves, so I stayed away from the water and spent my time sniffing. Now, you might not know this but there is GREAT sniffing at the beach. Old leaves, sticks, other dogs, and, best of all, DEAD FISH! Cousin Ripley (on the left in the photo) found good dead fish right away and rolled and rolled in them for a long time before Aunt Susan caught her. I am quite selective about what kind of dead fish I want to smell like, and I didn't find quite the right dead fish until we were almost ready to go home, but it was really good and stinky! What a FUN DAY!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment