Nov 28, 2009

Race Day!

Hi! Jasper Here! Another great day! Today I got to RUN in a RACE! There were lots of people and I was so excited. Before the race I could not contain myself and I jumped on a few unsuspecting runners and walkers but hey...how often do you get to run with a few hundred other people? Fortunately (says Mommy) they didn't seem to mind.
Anyways, the race started and we had to start in the back, even behind all the walkers, so we didn't trip anyone up. But then we started passing people and dogs - cousin Ripley walked in the race with Aunt Susan and Grandpa and Aunt Amy ran - and I got in my groove. There were even people dressed up! One girl was a Christmas Tree, and Heat Miser and Cold Miser were there, too! I finished first dog and Mommy didn't place but she it pretty sure she would not have run as fast as she did if it wasn't for me. I love races! They are so much more fun than running alone! See my race number in the photo? I am proud to say I paid for my own entry and I even got a sweatshirt. The race was for sending kids to camp and scholarships in memory of Amy King, who was a victim of the 9/11 attacks. What a great event for a great cause!

No comments:

Post a Comment